Saturday, September 29, 2007

Success!!!!

Dps drops don't happen from me, not too often anyway. However there are those rare times when the drop I've been trying to get for 10+ attempts and 6 months finally drop. The Ivory Idol of the Moongoddess dropped in Shattered Halls last night. Just 11 tries on that one. The record being 17 tries for my Moonstrider Boots. The most frustrating part of playing wow is the randomness of drops. You can't control them and you can't do it on your own. I had given up trying to get groups to get this, figured I would get it eventually and not worry about it, the system worked. Off specs don't have gear dropping off every boss in an instance. Some instances drop nothing I would ever use. So having to do the same one and hoping that one boss drops that item isn't so fun. I don't have worry about that anymore. The idol makes a big difference in my dps, my previous high starfire crit was about 4900 after equiping that I hit a couple 5200's. The best part for me is I'm done hunting drops, There is stuff I want in Kara but I do that every week and don't worry about when I get what I'm looking for. My new mace and this idol = sweeteness, and I'm not thinking about repeccing resto anymore.

2 comments:

Honors Code said...

/dance

/cheer

/highfive

Jon said...

Gratz man! I was there when you got the Moonstrider Boots. That was a historic moment.