Monday, July 07, 2008

Shadowstep and too much AV


I had a crazy idea as paced about work waiting for it to be 5:00pm. I could respec my rogue for pvp and see if I like it. Over the past couple of months I have become better at world pvp on my rogue as combat and thought I would give a real pvp spec a shot.

After doing a bit of research on how to spec I logged and did the deed. 15 gold later I was specced for the killing of people rather than npcs. I did a couple of battlegrounds that night and decided I liked it.

Friday was the fourth and I had a lot of free time before our festivities so I did some AV. By some I mean exactly 10,000 honor worth, enough to pick up Merciless Gladiator's Leather Spaulders. Saturday I did just enough to get Merciless Gladiator's Leather Helm. I also went ahead and picked up Opportunist's Leather Gloves for the deadly throw proc.

By the time I got my helm my brain hurt. I didn't start with the intention honor grinding, it was AV weekend and honor is good, but I went to kill people. I never ran with the zerg to the relief hut, I could do that combat specced. I defended towers mostly and killed people who looked like they needed to die. The last 5000 honor was painful, but I couldn't stop then, it was too late for that.

I'm not sure how serious I'll take this. I really like playing the ss rogue but I don't like honor grinding or the idea of picking up the 80+ marks I need of everything but AV. Depends on my ability to land a steady arena team. Grinding honor and marks to have better gear to grind honor and marks makes very little sense. I'm already geared to gank, I don't need pvp gear to kill people while they are stun locked. If I'm able to play arena games every week I'll go about putting together a full pvp set, otherwise I won't. I like Cheat Death, that's all.

No comments: