Saturday, March 27, 2010

Anybody There?

As I mentioned in my last post we now have a twink guild, which is for twinks.  I'm sure some of you out there think that we are twinking to crush level 10's in Warsong.  You are both wrong and foolish.  With bg xp you will level unless you turn off expierence at which point you will only be in bgs with people that have it turned off as well.  The only bracket that is playable in our battle group is the 30's, so I'm working to get Twinklakini to level 39 (currently level 21).

So if you log in on your main on a non raid night you are not likely to see many other people online.  The chances that one or more of these people are wanting to do a random or voa, or the weekly raid is slightly above zero.  Still need just under 400 frost emblems to get everything I want so I keep going.  I do voa for the emblems, the only thing I have ever got was resto tier 8 a while back.  I have lost the tier 7.5 balance chest to a resto druid and lost some pvp pants despite winning the roll (some raid leaders can't keep track of two different rolls).  I have been healing randoms which is okay.  I still run into the tank who wants pull the whole instance at once, or the tank leaves mid pull because an achievement didn't work out and such.

By the way if you want to do heroic achievements get a group in trade.  Do not try to convince a bunch of strangers to waste their time.  If you are too lazy to get a group together than you don't need the achievement.  Of course this is about achievements that require extra time or effort.  I managed to get Glory of the Hero without pugging any, you can do it too.  Unless you are even more antisocial than I am or your guild mates refuse to help you (find a new guild).

Anyway, it seems like folks are fairly disinterested at this point.  I know people still need emblems, which is why we reset instead of having a full week on Sindrigosa and the Lich King a few weeks ago.  They don't want to do anything other than ICC to get them.  Which is understandable because the other stuff is fairly boring (much more so solo).  It will be interesting to see what happens when we down Arthas, will folks check out?  The way they have set up doing heroic versions of fights should keep things interesting, being able to pick which fights you want to heroic and regular in one raid ID.

When it comes to time for the next expansion anyone who put much effort into raiding is going to be a "Kingslayer", for me it will rank slighty higher than "of the Shattered Sun" and "the Patient".  I want to be the Bane of the Fallen King (title for killing the Lich King on heroic 10) with my Reins of the Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher, I know I'm not the only one.  I'm confident we'll will get it done, our guild leader always seems to be able figure these things out.  That's all.


No comments: