Thursday, July 08, 2010

I'm Gone

I have been searching and searching for a reason for a bit now.  I thought my new position at work would do it but my gm is too crafty for that.  Thanks to Activision and Facebook I have it.  I'm not going to get into it, that's covered just about everywhere you read about this game.  I'm out.

I don't want to play anymore, I'm tired playing a video game on a schedule.  I want to play when I feel like it, not be tied in to certain days or times.  I don't want to play a game where a work meeting stops a raid for nine other people.  I don't want to spend all my free time playing at the beginning of Catacylsm nor do I want to be way behind if I play at my desired pace.

I cannot play this game I want and fit in my life the way I want it to.  I will be unhappy with how my character is progressing or be playing more than I want.  There is no middle ground for me.  I'm not ruling out a return at some point.  I may be back to check out Cataclysm after a few months away, but it's time to for me to go. 

I'll miss all my guild mates except a couple I don't like.  I'd like to thank Boston for all the hard work he has put in Devolve and for putting up with me.  I'd also like to thank Ferth who won't read this but I never would lasted in this game without him.  I would also like to say to all of you who ninja looted things from me, bailed on Heroes Inc after you geared up, and to those of you thought anal jokes were funny in trade, that I hate you.  That's all.

7 comments:

Blue said...

Lakini..Thanks for everything you really have been a great person to get to know and play this game with. Best of luck. Sorry we did not do better in pvp. keep in touch.. Scottsggm@gmail.com

Ellevis said...

Tis a sad day. I hope that you keep in touch and stop by vent from time to time. It's been great hanging out with you these past 4 years. Maybe we'll see you come cataclysm.

Honors Code said...

I wasn't completely geared up when I left Heroes. Then again, you might not have been talking about me.

Anyway, its been great getting to know you a little bit and killing internet dragons with you. I hope you find great joy and contentment in all you do. You will certainly be missed. Drop me a line sometime to say hey honorshammer at g mail dot com.
Maybe our paths will cross again. Perhaps in a galaxy far, far away.

Lakini said...

I see Blizzard already did away with Real ID on the forums mess. I'll keep in touch with you guys.

@ Honors
I wasn't talking about you.

Unknown said...

Another hardcore gamer is leaving the community :( Well, I can't blame you guys if you'll have to that 'coz sometimes I'm also getting tired grinding wow gold and doing raids. There also comes a time that we have to choose between real life and virtual world, we have to focus with our goals to achieve it.

Blue said...

Can you give my paladin the lead of that 2v2? Thanks.

Bobby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.